Back of Beyond Touring Glamping & Camping
UPDATE 23 JUNE 2020
The Prime Minister has today announced that parks
Update 12 May 2020
Our campsite is closed to protect our staff and to comply with Government guidelines to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We are operating the office on a partially manned basis.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcements on Sunday 10 May, we understand that campsites and touring parks will not be permitted to open until July at the earliest. This is not definite and will depend on a number of factors. We will keep you updated when we have more information.
All affected holidays are safe.
We have contacted all customers who are due to come and stay before the end of May. If you have a booking for June, we will be getting in touch with you. However, we are operating with a skeleton staff and have a lot of bookings to get through, so please bear with us.
We do not recommend that you make any bookings until at least mid-July until we have greater clarity.
Please be aware that whilst we very much hope to be allowed to open at the beginning of July, nothing has been guaranteed and we are still very much dependant on Government guidelines.
All monies paid are safe and if we’re not able to open by the time you’re due to visit us, we can either offer you a credit on your account or re-book you for a date later in 2020 or in 2021. You can make bookings online here.
Please understand that we may not be able to answer the phone at this time and that it may take a few days to answer emails.
We really appreciate your patience and thank you for your support at this difficult time. We sincerely hope that you and your families are staying safe and well. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
See Boris Johnson’s statement below: “And step 3– at the earliest by July – and subject to all these conditions and further scientific advice; if and only if the numbers support it, we will hope to re-open at least some of the hospitality industry…provided they are safe and enforce social distancing.”
Update 22 March 2020
In light of the UK Government’s current advice, it is with incredible sadness that we, the Owners of Back of Beyond, have taken the very difficult decision to temporarily close the park from Monday 23rd March.
The park will remain closed until we have been informed it’s safe for people to travel once again. At the very least we would envisage this to be a couple of months from this date.
Although we have not been ordered to close, we are listening to the Government’s advice as well as that of the NHS and to our own hearts. We believe that we should not be encouraging non-essential travel to help reduce the risk of infection. This has been a very difficult decision and has not been taken lightly but we must play our part in helping mitigate the enormous pressure on valuable local and national emergency services.
Our business insurance does not cover us for loss of earnings because COVID-19 is not on any insurers’ list of diseases. The financial burden on us will be enormous, but we feel strongly that this is the right decision.
In the past couple of weeks we have had dozens of cancellations. This is following on from having being closed for four winter months and after considerable expenditure on park repairs, maintenance and improvements, including the new hard standing pitches.
We know we are going to be facing a financial struggle to continue paying our bills, but we are strong and determined to survive. Please be assured that the team will all still be here and working towards re-opening the park as soon as we can.
We cannot express how sad we all are.
We are asking our customers not to ask for refunds, but to defer holidays to later in the year, move to 2021 or hold balances as credits for when you believe the time is right. For any monies paid in deposits or full balances, we are happy to provide a credit note valid for use on a new booking. This can be used as payment towards a trip up to 12 months ahead.
You don’t need to do anything right now and your money is secure. We will be in touch with you in order to rearrange your new arrival date.
We will work our way through the bookings hoping that you will prefer to defer your holiday to later this year. This process will be over the next couple of weeks, we are only a small team so please bear with us. If you are booked from June onwards we will keep your booking as it currently stands and review on a month by month basis.
If you have questions please email our office. We will respond as soon as we can. For now, we won’t be able to answer phone calls. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for your co-operation and patience at this uncertain difficult time and hope you understand why we have undertaken this unprecedented action. The park has been running since 1963 and to our knowledge it has never been closed during a season.
We are working hard to look after the business and our team. Hopefully we can all support each other and get through to better times ahead. Best wishes to all and stay safe and healthy. Look after each other.
Martin and Victoria Bowrey