Mobile takeaways in high season
Before you arrive
Please make sure you are familiar with the additional new COVID-19 Measures. These include the changes to arrival times check-in procedures, visitor gatherings, what to bring and hygiene measures, etc.
Staying at Back of Beyond
Exclusively for adults
To stay at Back of Beyond or to visit, you must be aged 18 or over. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Arrival and departure times
Check in times are strictly 2pm to 7pm for touring, camping and glamping. Check out is by 11am on the day of departure.
Please do not arrive before 2pm as this could cause congestion or after 7pm as entry may be refused. We are not currently able to accommodate early arrivals or late departures.
We operate a secure barrier system at the park entrance. When you arrive, we’ll give you a barrier card giving you 24 hour access to the park. This is free and we will not ask for a deposit. The card will be pre-programmed with the dates of your stay.
When you leave, please drop the card into mailbox with your completed check-out form.
Natural environment with dark sky
Being a natural environment, our park is a wonderful place to enjoy wildlife and to look up into a clear night sky to watch the stars. This means it can get very dark at night and it’s a good idea to bring a torch for getting around after dusk. Although we do our best to keep paths and tracks clear around the pitches and glamping area, natural surfaces can be uneven.
Peace and privacy
- We do not accept groups or guests likely to compromise the peacefulness of our park. The maximum number of guests occupying a pitch is 4. The maximum number of guests in a glamping unit is 2.
- Guests value the peacefulness of the park and we do ask for quiet between 10pm and 8am. (But we make an exception for the birds, who are especially busy from April to June!)
- Aerial drones are not allowed to be flown from, or over, Back of Beyond
- If you are staying at Back of Beyond at the same time as friends or family, please do not congregate on a pitch, but use communal BBQ and picnic areas
Reception and shop
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm or 8.30am to 7pm in peak season
We stock local produce where possible and we’re licensed to sell alcohol. Call in at the Reception Shop for:
- Basic provisions such as tea, coffee, juice, bacon, eggs, milk, bread, etc.
- A great selection of beers, ales, wines and local gin
- Self-service coffee machine
- Tea and treats, including our own Back of Beyond biscuits, cake, chocolate and sweets all made locally
- Back of Beyond honey from our onsite beehives
- Meat from Webb’s, an award winning local butcher
- Local bakers’ products
- Calor Gas – official stockist with a comprehensive range
- Camping and caravan basics
- Purbeck ice cream for humans and Billy & Margot’s nutritious ice cream for dogs!
- Newspapers to order (High Season only)
Pick up delicious freshly baked croissants, pain au chocolat, pain au raisin, and baguettes for breakfast if pre-ordered the day before.
There’s free Wifi around the Reception area, with a booster at the amenities block. The signal is therefore variable around the park.
Seating area and outdoor pop-up bar
Outside Reception you can sit around our fish pond. It’s a great place to relax and make use of the free Wifi while enjoying a coffee or an ice cream.
This summer we’re running a new outdoor pop-up bar, ‘Monty’s Bar’. See What’s On at Back of Beyond for current opening times.
Local breweries, distilleries and wineries also hold tasting sessions here from time to time.
Fish & Chips, Pizza and Paella vans visit in the high season. See What’s On at Back of Beyond for details.
Our facilities are open 24 hours a day and are well-lit at night. We have an extensive cleaning regime to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness. In and around the amenities block there are:
- Four heated, recently refurbished toilet and shower blocks with power-showers, ladies strip-wash cubicle, hand-dryers and hairdryers
- Disabled suite with ramp access
- Indoor and outdoor washing up areas
- Warm water dog wash
- Laundry room
- Freezers for ice packs
- Grey water and toilet disposal points
Electric charging station
A secure charging locker is located in the middle of the amenities block. It has two 3-pin sockets and two USB sockets – use it to charge phones, tablets and small laptops. The cost is 50p for 15 minutes.
Fire pits and barbecues
Whether you hire one from Reception or bring your own, please make sure you understand the safety requirements outlined on the Fire Pits and Barbecues page.
Pubs, supermarkets and more close to Back of Beyond
For more information, see Our Local Area and check the Information Board by the entrance to the Pitch & Putt course.
- The Woodman – pub and restaurant near the entrance to our lane
- East Moors Riding School – located on our approach lane
- Shamba Holidays – family holiday park on our lane with clubhouse, bar, takeaway and swimming pool (small fee charged when open)
- Hurn Forest – Heathland and woodland with miles of tracks and trails, entrance opposite The Woodman
- The St Leonards Hotel – a longer walk away on the opposite side of the A31 towards Ringwood
Our closest towns and shopping centres are Ringwood, Ferndown, Wimborne Minster and Bournemouth.
There’s a limited bus service to Ringwood from the bottom of our lane. Many guests find it convenient to get a taxi back – we can give you a number in Reception or there’s a taxi rank in the main car park in Ringwood.
Country parks, a major cycle route and the New Forest are all within easy reach. If you want to hire bikes, they can be delivered to our park. See the page on Cycling for details.
For emergencies, we can be contacted out of hours on the Warden’s phone – 07842 167449.