Nothing beats a real fire when camping
There’s nothing like a real fire to sit beside in the evening. Whether you want to toast marshmallows or cook luscious burgers, you can’t beat a naked flame.
We’re very pleased to be one of the few parks that let you hire or bring your own BBQ or fire pit.
We have a range of fire pits available for hire from Reception, where we also sell the fuel logs and kindling.
When you hire a fire pit from Reception, we deliver it to your pitch or glamping accommodation along with the fuel and kindling, plus a water bucket. You can cook over your fire pit if it has a grill.
Whether you hire a fire pit/BBQ from us or bring your own, please make sure you follow these park rules:
- All fire pits and BBQs must be kept off the ground to prevent any damage to the grass or surroundings. This applies to all fire pits and BBQs, including disposable ones. We can lend you a stand if you need one.
- They must be lit away from gas supplies or anything combustible
- They must not be placed over astroturf or glamping decking
- Once lit, they must not be left unattended for any length of time.
- There is a communal BBQ and fire pit area available for free if you are in a small group.
- Only the briquettes available at Reception can be used in fire pits.
- Under NO circumstances can you burn natural wood, logs or any wood collected around the park.
Why our safety briquettes?
This is a safety issue. The logs we supply are Forestry Commission approved, specially made briquettes that burn steadily and are less likely to spit out hot embers. These briquettes are clean and easy to handle, they light easily, generate high levels of heat and create less ash, making them more carbon efficient and eco-friendly.
If you want to use the communal fire pit/BBQ area, it’s located near the Pitch & Putt entrance. This space is perfect for a small group.
Bringing your own BBQ or fire pit
You can use your own fire pit or BBQ provided you follow these strict conditions:
- Only burn the briquettes available at Reception for the safety reasons given above.
- You must use a fire shield – you can borrow one from Reception.
- All ash to be disposed of in the bin store containers.
Anyone found breaking any of these rules or conditions will be asked to leave the park immediately with no refund.
PLEASE TREAT THE PARK WITH RESPECT SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE TO ALLOW FIRE PITS AND BBQs. THANK YOU!