Local pubs and shops
Shops, major supermarkets and an abundance of pubs and restaurants are a few minutes away by car or a cycle ride for the more adventurous. We can recommend many places to eat in the area and local taxi firms.
Places to visit
With our park being located near the A31, the stunning areas of the South Coast and New Forest are just a short ride away.
There are many ways you can enjoy the area: walking, cycling, horse riding, fishing, birdwatching, day cruises, water sports, exploring our natural history or just capturing the scenery in photographs.
We can advise you on cycle routes in Reception and cycle hire can be arranged. Discover the Castleman Trailway – a wonderful 16.5 mile route for walking and cycling from Poole to Ringwood within 10 minutes from our park.
On the doorstep of Back of Beyond Touring Park are the Moors Valley Country Park, offering many activities and set in nearby Ringwood Forest, Avon Heath Country Park and Hurn Forest (which is walkable from our park) – all are well worth a visit.
- Our two local towns, Ringwood and Wimborne, are both quaint market towns situated 5-10 minutes away by car in different directions. Ringwood is famous for its brewery (well worth a tour), while Wimborne has a medieval Minster, a fun model town and a large annual folk festival. Both towns have supermarkets and plenty of choices for shopping, coffees and eating out. More about Ringwood. More about Wimborne.
- Cross the cattle grids and enter the wonderful New Forest with free-roaming ponies, cattle and donkeys, and traditional villages like Brockenhurst and Burley where you can rent bikes.
- Around 20 minutes and you can reach Bournemouth with its sandy beaches, piers and shopping centres. To the west is Sandbanks, where a chain ferry crosses the entrance of Poole Harbour to unspoilt Studland and the Purbecks.
- Christchurch with its famous Priory and scenic harbour is also about 20 minutes away. This is where the Stour and Avon rivers flow into the sea.
- The major port of Southampton can be reached within 30 minutes. Here you can find gigantic cruise ships, excellent shopping, historic sites and fascinating museums.
- 30-40 minutes by car will get you to the ancient cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury or picturesque Shaftsbury and the beautiful Blackmore Vale.
- A 35 minute drive will take you to the heart of Cranbourne Chase, an area of outstanding natural beauty, which lies to the north of Wimborne.
- Explore the stunning Dorset Coast from the Jurassic Coast Centre at Lulworth Cove, Durdle Dor, Swanage, Corfe Castle or Wareham – about 45 minutes away.
- To the south-west lies the elegant Georgian town of Lymington (Isle of Wight ferries go from here). Nearby are Beauleiu, home of the National Motor Museum, and historic Buckler’s Hard.
Follow these links for more ideas on where to go and what to do: