We’re very much looking forward to welcoming you to our park. But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve had to make changes to the way our park operates. These changes are in line with Government and industry recommendations.
Much as we hate to give you rules, it’s essential that we all follow the rules set out below in order to keep you and our staff safe, and ensure that the park stays open for everyone to enjoy.
First, please rest assured that should your stay be affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions, your booking will be covered by our Guarantee if:
- Our park has to close
- There are restrictions on travel from your postcode due to local lockdown.
In either of these circumstances, please get in touch before you are due to arrive and we will give you the following options:
- Transfer your booking to a future date
- Receive a credit note to use against a future holiday if you’re not sure what dates you’d like to move to
- Cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
We regret that if your stay is affected by a requirement to self isolate due to Covid, our normal Terms & Conditions will apply. We recommend you take out suitable insurance.
Check-in times are strictly between 2pm and 7pm. We are unable to offer any late arrivals, late check outs or early arrivals. Please do not arrive before 2pm as this could cause congestion or after 7pm as entry may be refused.
Contactless check in procedure
Once you arrive at our barrier please press the buzzer and wait for a response. Once access to the park has been granted, please drive into the parking area outside reception and remain inside your vehicle.
A member of staff will come to your vehicle as soon as they are available and hand you your paperwork and barrier card which allows your contactless access in and out of the park. We will show you to your pitch, please follow the staff member in your vehicle. Pitches will be pre-allocated.
We are unable to allow any visitors to the park this year at any time.
Water stations have been provided with hand sanitisers which need to be used before and after each use.
We are thoroughly cleaning the shower blocks using Safezone spray, and periodically fogging. Our cleaning products are EN1477 certified to be effective against coronavirus.
- Use your own facilities. Please use the facilities in your vehicle if you have them. This is for your own safety and to minimise the number of people in the shower blocks.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry into the shower block. There is a bottle in each block, at every water station and at each bin store. Please use them.
- You MUST clean up after yourself. Use the Safezone spray and blue roll provided. It’s your responsibility to spray around the sinks, handles, showers and toilets as you leave.
- Leave windows and doors open to optimise ventilation. This may mean that the shower block feels colder than normal, but unfortunately this cannot be avoided.
- Please wear a mask when entering and leaving the shower blocks.
- Take all your belongings when you leave! Do not leave any personal items in the shower blocks.
Reporting feeling unwell
Whilst on the park, if at any time you become unwell or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please call NHS 111 and report it to a member of staff by phoning reception. You need to remain in your accommodation and keep 2 metres away from anyone on the park.
We continue to stock essential provisions alongside ice creams, BBQ meats, milk, alcoholic drinks and ice to name a few items. And you can still order bread and morning pastries here as normal.
Outside food vendors
The food vendors are operating we ask that you queue, order and pay following their requirements. See What’s on at Back of Beyond for details.
Essential items to bring
Please make sure you bring essential hygiene items such as soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll and disinfectant.
If you are glamping, please bring your own bedding. (We provide a cooking stove, mini fridge and kettle.)
Ventilation is very important in combating the COVID-19 virus. We will therefore keep indoor communal areas as well ventilated as possible.
When you leave your glamping accommodation, please make sure all windows and doors are left as wide open as possible.
Please ensure that you carry hand wipes or hand sanitiser for the duration of your stay. Please use these when on the park, especially when touching keypads, door handles, garden gates, etc.
Contactless check-out procedure
Departure is strictly before 11am to allow us time to prepare for the next guests. You will need to drive past reception and drop your barrier card into the mailbox next to the reception door. Here you can collect an exit only code and sign out using the form on the clipboard. You will be asked to confirm that no one in your party has been ill whilst on the park.
Extra precautions we have taken
We have put screens up in the shop, added hand sanitiser at all water stations and in shower blocks, purchased a fogging machine to sanitise shower blocks and glamping units, changed cleaning products to EN14476 standards and implemented an even stricter cleaning regime.
Martin and Victoria Bowrey, and the Back of Beyond Team