PARK RULES AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
It is important that each guest has the opportunity to enjoy Back of Beyond Touring Camping & Glamping Park at its best. These rules, which are designed to benefit all bona fide campers, set out the general standards of conduct and behaviour expected.
All bookings are accepted subject to these terms and conditions and also the New COVID-19 Measures unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Accommodation on the park is provided on the condition that all the rules and instructions given by the management are observed. Any person in breach of these rules will be asked to leave the park and no refund will be given.
Bookings and payment
- To make a booking you must pay a deposit. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 48 hours.
- Deposits for pitches – For touring and camping pitches, a deposit of £30 per week or part week is required with each booking, the balance to be paid at least 14 days before the day of arrival.
- Deposits for glamping – For glamping accommodation, a deposit of £60 is required with each booking, the balance to be paid at least 14 days before the day of arrival.
- Your contract with us – Acceptance of your booking forms a contract under which you have agreed to pay the total fee due.
- Minimum stays – Bookings are subject to the minimum booking periods set out on the Prices and Booking page.
- Paying your balance – You must pay the balance of your pitch or accommodation charge at least 14 days prior to your arrival date. If the balance is not received by this time your booking will be re-let and the deposit will not be refunded. This does not apply to cancellation caused by COVID measures as set out below.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you have paid your balance and want to cancel your booking, you must contact us at least 14 days before your arrival date for a refund of the balance only.
- You may be able to change your dates, subject to availability and an administration fee.
- No refund or date change is available within 14 days of your arrival date.
- We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance for unforeseen circumstances.
Our COVID-19 Guarantee will apply if you contact us before your arrival date in any of the following circumstances:
- Our park has to close
- There are restrictions on travel from your postcode
In the circumstances described above, we will offer to:
- Reschedule your dates,
- Provide a credit note, or
- Provide a full refund.
- Conditions and prices may change without prior notice.
- Advance bookings accepted by us will be charged at the prices applicable at the time of booking.
- Prices include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to adjust VAT where required by legislation.
- Our VAT registration is number 848 906872.
- Back of Beyond Touring Caravan Park can only accommodate adults over the age of 18.
- Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to enter the park.
- Admission to the park implies a commitment to uphold the internal rules of the park.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission when this appears to be necessary in the interests of the park occupants.
- No commercial vehicles are permitted to stay on the park.
- Trading in the park is forbidden without the management’s agreement. If in doubt please contact the management before arrival.
- We operate a secure barrier system and will provide you with a barrier card which allows you to come and go freely. We will not require a deposit and the card will be pre-programmed with the dates of your stay.
Arrivals and departures
- Arrival time for touring, camping and glamping between 2pm and 7pm. Early arrivals are not permitted.
- Once admitted through the barrier, guests should park in the designated parking area and wait for a member of staff. The necessary paperwork and barrier card will be handed to you. If reception is closed, report to the warden.
- We cannot guarantee specific pitches, though we do try to arrange the preferences included with your booking.
- You should leave the park by 11am at the latest. Late departure is not currently available.
Due to COVID-19 measures, no visitors are allowed at any time.
Dogs and other pets
- All pets must be kept fully under control.
- Dogs are not permitted in any of the buildings, including reception and the shower blocks.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times except in the woodland dog walking area.
- Pets must not be allowed to go onto anyone else’s pitch, into anyone else’s accommodation or on the water stations.
- Dogs must not be allowed to urinate on park furniture, the water stations or other guests’ property.
- Animals must not be left unattended in vehicles, caravans or glamping units.
- Excessive barking will not be allowed
- Dogs are not permitted in the Site of Special Scientific Interest, including Emma’s Glade camping area and the wildlife lakes area.
Fires / barbecues
- Fires and barbecues must never be placed inside tents, caravans, vehicles or glamping accommodation under any circumstances. This is not only to prevent risk of fire, but also because fuel logs, gas or charcoal can only be burnt outside for sufficient ventilation. If burned inside, carbon monoxide can quickly reach dangerous levels and poisoning can be fatal.
- Barbecues and fire baskets must be kept well clear of the grass. They must be on legs or a stand. We have a selection of fire pits for hire with the appropriate stands and have slabs available to place barbecues on.
- The lighting of open ground fires is forbidden.
- Fires pits and barbecues must be lit away from gas supplies or anything combustible.
- Fire pits and barbecues must not be placed over astroturf or glamping decking.
- Once lit, fire pits and barbecues must not be left unattended for any length of time.
- For safety and environmental reasons, only purpose-made logs or barbecue charcoal may be used. If you bring your own fire pit, you must use the briquettes available at Reception.
- No natural wood can be brought, collected or burnt on the Park under any circumstances.
- You must use a fire shield (if bringing your own fire basket, we can lend you one).
- All ash must be disposed of in the appropriate bin store containers.
- If you fail to comply with these rules, you may be asked to leave the park immediately with no refund given.
Noise and nuisance
Musical instruments, audio equipment and similar appliances should be used considerately during the day, and not after 10pm. Between the hours of 11pm. and 7am absolute quiet should be observed.
The use of foul language, threatening behaviour or vandalism will not be tolerated and as a consequence all members of a party will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- To maintain a peaceful atmosphere and follow current COVID-19 safety advice, we do not accept bookings for groups of more than 4 people.
- Any socialising on the park must take place around Reception and the bar area or the communal BBQ/picnic areas by the pitch-and-putt course and by the lakes. Socialising must not take place on a pitch or at a glamping unit.
Any games, particularly ball games, which might annoy or inconvenience others are forbidden, but are allowed in the designated area provided.
Respect the park and amenities – do not damage plants, trees or grass – do not dig holes for any purpose whatsoever – do not drop litter – do not intrude on your neighbour’s privacy or pitch.
Refuse must be placed in the receptacles provided.
Laundry / washing up
The washing of clothes and dishes is forbidden at taps which provide drinking water. Washing lines must not be hung from trees, shrubs or fences.
TOURING AND CAMPING
- Pitches are to be vacated before 11 am on the day of departure.
- The cleaning of vehicles or caravans on the pitch is not permitted.
- Plug-in electric heaters are not permitted, please ensure only built-in or gas heaters are used.
- We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person(s) whose conduct is detrimental to Back of Beyond or to other visitors.
Keep the pitch tidy, with the minimum of equipment stored outside and tidily placed. Strictly only one tent/tourer/ motorhome per pitch. Exact size of units must be accurately provided at time of booking. The maximum pitch occupancy is 4 persons.
Tents or caravans/motorhomes should be placed only as directed by the management and may be transferred to other pitches, if the management think it is necessary to maintain the condition of the pitches.
- We reserve the right to move you to an alternative pitch if necessary for safety reasons or cancel the booking if we cannot accommodate you according to safety requirements.
- At departure, ensure that the pitch is left as you would wish to find it on arrival.
- There is a maximum of 4 guests per pitch.
Use of cars
- Only one car per pitch is permitted. A car park is available for additional vehicles.
Cars must be parked within the boundaries of your pitch and as directed by the management, but in any event must not encroach on neighbouring pitches or the roadway.
Chemical toilets and waste water containers must be emptied only in the places provided for the purpose, or in accordance with the instructions of the management.
Maximum length of stay
The maximum length of stay is 28 days.
Definition of Equipment: all the physical items provided including but not limited to the pod, lodge, yurt tent, or shepherd hut, bed and mattress, door mat, rug, cooking facilities, wood burner, furniture and accessories.
- You are responsible for all the Equipment in your unit.
- If any part of the Equipment is found to be faulty, you must notify the park management immediately.
- You must keep the Equipment in good condition and leave it as you found it, other than wear and tear consistent with normal and reasonable use.
- You are responsible for adhering to the safety and operating instructions for the hire of the Equipment.
- Please be aware that any injury or damage caused by disregarding the safety guidelines is entirely your fault.
- Do not use cooking or other gas appliances, smoke (including e-cigarettes and vapes) or use candles or any naked flames inside the accommodation. If the accommodation has a wood burner, only use the fuel provided.
- You will be responsible for any damage and loss caused to the Equipment by your acts or omissions. If the Equipment is returned damaged, unclean or incomplete, you may be charged to rectify the condition of the Equipment, or to replace it.
- There is a maximum of 2 guests per glamping unit.
Twenty-four hour CCTV and surveillance is in operation on the park recording for:
- The detection and prevention of crime.
- The protection and safety of customers, visitors, contractors and employees.
- The protection of the Business interests of Back of Beyond, including monitoring for compliance with premises licenses, T&C’s and to enable improvements in customer services.
The data controller is Molton Street Enterprises LTD T/As Back of Beyond Touring Park. For more information about
- Why and how we may process your data
- Who we may share your data with
- How long your data will be retained for; and
- Your rights in relation to such data
Some facilities will be limited to the high season. Modification and improvements to park facilities and areas are being carried out continuously. The park owners shall not be liable in respect of their non-availability or otherwise due to circumstances beyond their control.
The park owners cannot be held responsible or liable for loss, damage or injury to property or persons on the park, howsoever caused. Guests are advised to check that their insurance policies cover all personal and third party risk for the period of their stay.