Events this year are uncertain due to COVID-19 restrictions and may be subject to change. It’s therefore wise to check with the event organisers using the links we’ve provided.
- Ringwood Town Market – every Wednesday 8am-3pm, Ringwood Market Place
- New Milton Street Market – every Wednesday 9am-4pm, Station Road
- Hampshire Farmers’ Market, Ringwood Furlong – Last Saturday of every month, 10am-2pm www.hampshirefarmersmarkets.co.uk
- Lymington Market – every Saturday 8am-4pm, High Street
- Hythe Market – every Tuesday 9am till 3pm
- Wimborne Market (indoor and outdoor) – Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8am-2pm www.facebook.com/Wimbornemarket/
Car boot sale
Ashley Heath – (hopefully reopening in high summer 2021) held on Sunday mornings, one of the biggest in Dorset – see Facebook page for updates.
What’s on information
The following website have information about local events:
- The New Forest www.thenewforest.co.uk/whats-on
- Dorset www.visit-dorset.com/whats-on
- Bournemouth www.bournemouth.co.uk/whats-on
- Hampshire www.visit-hampshire.co.uk/whats-on
- Salisbury www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/salisbury/whats-on
The following venues may put on concerts, theatrical events, films and broadcasts with social distancing measures in place. Events may change so please check with the venues directly.
Events planned for 2021
Days out for car enthusiasts at Beaulieu
10am-5pm Museum Parkland, Beaulieu, New Forest SO42 7ZN
Owners and enthusiasts are invited to gather to enjoy some stunning vehicles for great days out at the Museum Parkland. Tickets and info at https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/.
- Simply Electric Sunday 23 May
- Simply Porsche Sunday 6 June
- National Mini Day Mini Cooper Register Sunday 13 June
- Simply VW 19 June
- Hot Rod and Custom Show Sunday 20 June
- Simply Jaguar Sunday 27 June
- National Austin 7 Rally Sunday 4 July
- Simply Land Rover 11 July
- Simply Vauxhall Saturday 17 July
- Simply Ford Sunday 18 July
- Simply Japanese Sunday 25 July
- Simply Audi Sunday 1 August
- Beaulieu Supercar Weekend 7-8 August
- VW T Chill 13-15 August
- Graham Walker Memorial Run (vintage and veteran motorcycle gathering)
- Simply Aston Martin Saturday 21 August
- Simply Mercedes Sunday 22 August
- International Autojumble (outdoor sale of motoring items) 4-5 September
Redlands Adventure Game
11am-6pm, Friday to Sunday, until 30 September, Redlands Coppice, Piddletrenthide, Dorchester DT2 7RB
A new outside military adventure game where small groups have to safely defuse an ‘active bomb’ with challenging puzzles and clues, while avoiding a remote-controlled vehicle! Actors in full army costume bring the games to life. https://adventureoutgames.co.uk/game-locations/redlands-coppice-dorset/
Bournemouth and Poole Selfie Wall Trail
From 26 May, various seafront locations Bournemouth and Poole
Artists have created a series of murals to make fun and colourful backdrops to your selfies. The trail stretches from Sandbanks to Southbourne. https://www.bournemouth.co.uk/ideas-and-inspiration/selfiewalltrail
25 June to 27 June, The Tank Museum, Bovington, Dorset BH20 6JG
The world’s biggest display of historic moving armour! See tanks roar around the arena, explore Living History encampments and meet YouTube stars and historians amidst a world-class collection of military vehicles. Visit https://tankmuseum.org/events/tankfest/.
Sculpture at Beaulieu
19 June-30 August, Beaulieu, New Forest SO42 7ZN
Over 50 leading national and international sculptors will have their work on display in the Beaulieu grounds, including Dawn Rowland, Frederic Chevarin, Helen Sinclair, Neil Wilkin, Paul Vanstone, Simon Gudgeon and Shaun Gagg. Entry is included in the general admission ticket. See https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/sculpture-at-beaulieu/ for details.
Nyetimber Dorset Seafood Festival
10 July to 11 July, Weymouth, Dorset
A weekend of seafood, English sparkling wines from Nyetimber, celebrity chefs and a great atmosphere around Weymouth harbour. Details at https://www.dorsetseafood.co.uk/.
Lymington Seafood Festival
16-18 July, Bath Road Park, Lymington
This celebration of cultural heritage, local produce and links to the sea is a small, boutique festival in this historic seaside town. Music acts as well as food vendors. https://www.lymingtonseafoodfestival.co.uk/
17 & 18 July, Longleat, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NW
Less of a Food & Drink Festival and more of a live music event, The Wombats and Razorlight are headlining with cooking demos by the Hairy Bikers and James Martin.
New Forest & Hampshire County Show
27-29 July 2021 New Park Showground, Clay Hill, Brockenhurst SO42 7QH
One of the top agricultural shows in the country, with dog shows, gymkhana and farm animals, as well as a local produce market and demonstrations. Tickets are available from the Gateway building in the Ringwood main town carpark. www.newforestshow.co.uk
Saturday 14 August, 9an-5.30pm, Somerley Estate, Ringwood
If you want to soak up our agricultural heritage, this show is a great day out hosted by our local stately home. It has dog displays and dog show, equestrian events, Shetland pony racing, a donky show, livestock classes, heavy horses and fancy dress competition, to name just a few of main ring attractions. There will also be judging of fruit, vegetables and baking, plus numerous stalls. www.ellinghamshow.co.uk
The Great Dorset Steam Fair 2021
Thursday 26 to Monday 30 August, South Down, Tarrant Hinton, Blandford, DT11 8HX
One of the world’s largest heritage and cultural events, showcasing Britain’s industrial, agricultural and leisure history. Experience steam giants of the past, WW1 flying aircraft, heavy horse displays and much more. www.gdsf.co.uk
Bournemouth Air Festival
Thursday 2-5 September, Bournemouth sea front
Free displays in the air, on the ground and at night in the UK’s largest air festival, featuring the Red Arrows and other flight acrobatics along with WW2 planes.www.bournemouthair.co.uk.
10-12 Spetember, Longleat, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NW
The hot air ballon event returns in September https://www.longleat.co.uk/whats-on/seasonal-events.
Inside Out Dorset Festival
17-26 September, Poole Quay
Outdoor concerts and other performances plus unusual immersive experiences. https://activateperformingarts.org.uk/whats-on/inside-out-dorset/
Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival
1-3 October, various locations around the town
This year’s festival will explore the concept ‘Connect’ and the lack of social interaction during the pandemic. https://artsbythesea.co.uk/